jueves, 8 de noviembre de 2012

Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain


There is one movie that i can watch over and over without feeling bored, and that movie is “Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain”.

I don’t remember the exact time I saw it, because I have seen it many times, but I know that I saw it when I was studying at school, I’ve always wanted to learn French, because I think it a very beautiful language, I think that’s the reason that I like it so much. Of course, the language is not the only thing I like, the places where the film was filmed are beautiful, the colors, and the music! A famous compositor did the music especially for this movie; his name is Yann Tiersen a French musician and compositor. He and the main actress of the movie, Audrey Tautou achieved global fame with the film.

The film is a romantic comedy that shows you the life of Amelie, a young waitress who decides to change her life the same day that Lady Di died. That day she also discovered a little box hidden in her bathroom, containing pictures and toys that a child hid forty years ago. She decided to seek this man and deliver the box. When she finally found him, she saw that the man was very moved, so she decided to dedicate her life to helping others with simple gestures. “Elle va changer ta vie”, she’s going to change her life. In the film we can see lot of different situations, there are two of them that i like a lot, Amelie have a neighbor, an old man that is a painter and he can’t have a normal life because his bones are very fragile, so she started to send him short clips of different things that were happening around the world, that’s her way to show him the world. The other situation that I like is about her father, he widowed when she was little and she always told him to travel with the retirement money. He never took the initiative, so one day, she took an elf of his garden and gave it to one friend of her that is stewardess, her friend took pictures of the elf around the world and then she sent the pictures to Amelie and then she sent those pictures to her father, to encourage him to travel.

Some people think that this movie is very cliché, but for me it’s one of the best movies because the story is very simple, but not light and the actors (combined with the music) transmit a lot of feeling, and reminds you that we can make people happy without big things. I definitely recommend you this movie, if you like romantic movies, of course, and if you don’t like romantic stuff I can tell you that this is not the typical one!

1 comentario:

  1. There's always tons of people who love this movie! I've never seen it, perhaps I should... I feel like I'm missing something important...

    ResponderEliminar